Frequently Asked Questions for Job Seekers
- I am having trouble registering/logging in. What is going on?
- Do you have a position in my city?
- What types of positions do you fill?
- Is Part Time Works a temporary service?
- I submitted my resume and application. Why haven’t I heard from you?
- I expressed interest in an open job. Why didn’t anyone call me?
- I’d like to mail or fax my resume to you. Where should I send it?
- I have only one semester of college and only 3 years of experience. Can I still apply?
- Do you have a list of open jobs?
- I’m not sure my resume reflects my skills in the best possible light. Can you review my resume?
- My friend (relative) is interested in a Part Time Works position. Can I apply for her?
- I don’t have a home computer. Can I still apply?
- I want to come by the office. Where are you located?
- I attempted to complete my online application, but my computer got hung up and I’m not sure if it is complete. What should I do?
- Who do you “represent” – the job candidate or the business client?
- Is there a cost to me for the Part Time Works vice?
- If I am placed through Part Time Works, do I become an employee of Part Time Works or the client?
- What types of positions do you fill?
- I am re-entering the workplace after a break in employment. Can you work with me?
More often than not, the inability to successfully log in to our system is due to something called web cookies. Web cookies can sometimes interfere with a website’s user experience. To alleviate the issue, go to the History Menu of your web browser and delete your recent history, which should include cookies. You should then be able to register and/or log in to our system. Please feel free to contact us at (614) 781-9586 should you continue to experience technical issues. It s important to note that the functionality of our website works best in Internet Explorer.
Part Time Works currently focuses it business in Ohio.
Yes! Part Time Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anyone with the desire to work part-time and who has completed at least one year of college education or five years of relevant work experience is encouraged to apply.
Please refer to our Hot Jobs page on this website.
Most of our jobs are long-term, part-time positions, meaning our clients believe that they have an ongoing need for an employee to do the specified work. On occasion our jobs will be temporary; the duration of a job will be noted in the job description.
Due to the volume of applicants, it is not possible for us to contact every job candidate who submits an application and resume. We appreciate your interest in Part Time Works and we will contact you when we have a part-time position that fits your skills, location and desired work schedule. Please check our website regularly to view our open positions. With a simple click, you can express interest in any of our open jobs; this will alert our team that you would like to be considered for a specific position.
I expressed interest in an open job. Why didn’t anyone call me?
Please understand that nearly every job we post receives a great deal of interest. In order to be considered for a specific position, your resume must show previous experience in that field. If your resume doesn’t show the required experience, you will not be considered for the position. This is why it is imperative that you keep your resume and profile up-to-date. You are welcome to upload multiple resumes or update your profile at any time.
We are an Internet-based business and only accept electronic resumes as part of our online application process. Please log in to complete your online profile and upload your resume.
We are sorry, but our business requires all applicants to have at least one full year of college or 5 years of relevant experience.
We maintain a list of our current Current Openings on our website. Check in often, as new jobs are posted regularly. We may also contact you for a job that is not posted, based on the nature of the position and the wishes of our clients. Most, but not all, of our open jobs are posted on the website.
Part Time Works offers a resume writing service. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is best that that the person interested complete the online application.
Yes. Many of our candidates use computers available at their local libraries to apply. Please be certain to include the best way to contact you in your application.
Part Time Works operates using web-based technology; therefore all applications are registered online. If we need to meet with you, we will make appropriate arrangements at that time.
I attempted to complete my online application, but my computer got hung up and I’m not sure if it is complete. What should I do?
Simply email email@example.com or call (614) 781-9586. We can reactivate the incomplete application, so you can go in and finish the process.
Part Time Works represents our job candidates and our business clients. Our mission is to help businesses find exceptional, part-time employees, and to help people find great, flexible jobs.
There is no fee to the job seeker for job placement through Part Time Works.
Most often, you will become a Part Time Works employee. Our clients have the option to hire you directly after a minimum of six months. We also fill direct hire positions at the client’s request, in which you immediately become an employee of the client.
You can get a good idea of the variety of positions we will from perusing our current openings, and we also list a number of frequently-available jobs HERE. Many of our clients are part of the small business, non-profit, and professional association sectors, which means you’ll see a variety of roles available, as well as some positions unique to these service areas.
A number of candidates have worked in a professional environment full-time, and due to family or personal reasons, left their prior place of employment and are now choosing to re-enter the workplace with new priorities—including making an impact in the workforce as a part-time professional. We recognize the value these types of candidates bring, and encourage you to submit a resume for positions for which your talent, experience, and interests would be a good fit.